Where to Apply
Applications can be completed online by going to the Grad Admissions site.
When to Apply
Ohio State Entomology follows a rolling admissions model where applications can be rreviewed at any time. We encourage undergraduate seniors to apply in January of their senior year.
Minimum academic and application requirements for admission include:
- A baccalaureate or professional degree from an accredited college or university.
- A 3.0 or better cumulative grade point average (GPA) (based on the A = 4.0 system) for all previous academic work, including any graduate work.
- Prerequisite academic work that provides evidence that the applicant can pursue effectively the graduate program of this Department. For Entomology, the normal expectation for a minimum background is 40-quarter hours of biology courses, mathematics through Calculus, and chemistry through organic and biochemistry (each semester hour earned equals 1.5 quarter hours).
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE), including Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical Writing.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A 1-2 page statement of purpose for graduate work that includes scholarly and professional goals and objectives, proposed area of study, how these match our graduate program, identification of a potential advisor, and scholarly activities or experiences other than formal course work that provides evidence of potential for success in a graduate program.
- A current Curriculum Vitae.
It is highly encouraged that the potential student selects and be in communication with a potential advisor prior to the submission of their application packet. Applications can be completed online by going to the Graduate School Admissions website.
Click here for answers to frequently asked questions about graduate school admissions process.
Students wishing to transfer from another OSU department into Entomology are evaluated by the same criteria as external applicants.
Contact the Entomology Graduate Studies Chair, Dr. Andy Michel